Re: [xml] Debugging included entites

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 11:24:34AM +1000, Keith Isdale wrote:
that not modifying the tree is by far the simplest. I'm just somewhat
annoyed that this introduces another global variable, (and another
API) but the principle looks sound.
   The other possibility is to tag the start and the end of the list
of nodes included from an entity with special markers like XInclude
does. Maybe this special handling could reuse the XInclude existing tree
type to avoid introducing new node type.

Ok I tried that but I'm stiil getting stuck :-(. What I'd like to do is add
data to the xml node that WON"T be clobbered by llibxslt nor cause memory
leaks,  and be able to be handled by  xmlAddChildList, and be compatable with
the node copy functions. What I'll do is place a pointer my structure;  when debugging

  Let's be clear:
    - adding new nodes in the tree will require to fix the XPath engine,
      considering the complexity of the task, it's a dead end from my point
      of view.
    - reusing existing nodes not used in this case. Only XInclude will
      work okay without modifyng the XPath semantic (and I can't even garantee
      this has been 100% debugged). Adding extra entities nodes would break
      XPath
    - adding informations to the nodes. The only placeholder available is
      _private and is already in use by XPath for the processed document as
      the support for keys. Maybe using it is doable without requiring
      large changes. I'm afraid xmlCopyTree will not preserve that information
      anyway.
    - adding new fields in existing nodes is not possible, it would break
      binary compatibility and adding this memory use for all users is
      hard to justify.

I'll check for the presence of this extra data first before debugging the

  I don't know how to add this information in the tree without requiring
lots of changes in the code. That's the reason the callback mechanism was
looking the easiest way to add what you needed. But it's too limited.
  I don't see yet a solution.

Daniel