Re: [xml] problem building libxml2 for HPUX

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:15, xml-request gnome org wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to build libxml2 for HPUX version 11.00.  I run the configure
command, and it appears to work (no errors).  But when I run "make"
I get the following error:

# make
Make: line 768: syntax error.  Stop.

The makefile, starting at line 767 contains

DEPS_MAGIC := $(shell mkdir .deps > /dev/null 2>&1 || :)

-include $(DEP_FILES)

Those last 2 lines are gnu make specific syntax. I note that your using gcc
and not the HP compiler so you probably wont mind using gmake instead of the
HPUX make which is based on sys V make.

But on reflection,  I wonder why you need gmake at all. As far as I know make
in HPUX 11 is the same as HPUX 10.20 (which I use). And it builds fine for me
with gcc & HPUX make. In fact I cant find a section with the above macros  in
either Makefile or Makefile.in for recent versions of libxml.  What libxml
version are you trying to compile ?!

--
Peter Farmer            |  Custom XML software   | Internet Engineering
Zveno Pty Ltd           | Website XML Solutions  | Training & Seminars