Re: [xml] Extracting multiple XML fragments of the same type

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 10:39:09AM +0200, Holger Rauch wrote:
Hi Daniel!

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Daniel Veillard wrote:

  No idea, run it under a debugger, put a breakpoint in xmlDocCopyNode
and see what's happening ! You have the context, I don't, so please report.

That's what I did. Here's what I noticed:

In line 3018 (right before the "return(ret);" statement) in function
"xmlStaticCopyNode()" everthing is correct. However, when I try to access
(print out the value of) ret in "xmlDocCopyNode()" I get a message "No
symbol ret in current context". Is that because "xmlStaticCopyNode()" is

  Bahhh, you compiled the code with optimization, the compiler allocated
ret to a register and the debugger is unable to access it. Recompile
without -O or -O2 !

Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network