Re: [xml] Extracting multiple XML fragments of the same type

Hi Daniel!

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Daniel Veillard wrote:

[...]
  No idea, run it under a debugger, put a breakpoint in xmlDocCopyNode
and see what's happening ! You have the context, I don't, so please report.

That's what I did. Here's what I noticed:

In line 3018 (right before the "return(ret);" statement) in function
"xmlStaticCopyNode()" everthing is correct. However, when I try to access
(print out the value of) ret in "xmlDocCopyNode()" I get a message "No
symbol ret in current context". Is that because "xmlStaticCopyNode()" is
declared "static" while xmlDocCopyNode() isn't? So, it seems to me that

ret = xmlStaticCopyNode(node, doc, NULL, recursive);

in xmlDocCopyNode() actually works, but the value of "ret" is
(unfortunately) inaccessible to me, so I can not check it.

Hope that this information is at least of some help. I'm sorry that I
could not provide more details.

BTW, I executed the following commands in gdb:

1. set a breakpoint at xmlDocCopyNode("b xmlDocCopyNode")
2. advanced to next statement("n")
3. stepped into xmlStaticCopyNode("s")
4. advanced until line 3018, using the next cmd, printing out values of
"ret" in between

Greetings,

        Holger