Re: _NET_WM_USER_TIME reconsidered

Havoc Pennington wrote:

Probably the simplest solution that would mostly work would be to just cause a property notify in order to get a timestamp from the X server, then use that timestamp. There's a function people have been cut-and-pasting around for this, I just saw it in libgunique, I think it's in metacity and gtk also.
Cool, thanks Havoc!
If someone knows offhand where to find this please drop me a line. Sounds like what we need (though it does feel like a bit of a hack...)

Bill