Re: _NET_WM_USER_TIME reconsidered

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 15:26, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 15:00 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >  But generally no have strict objections to the change. I'd just like to
> > make it a bit more generic in case there'll more similar cases in the
> > future (i.e., as I said, _NET_WM_USER_TIME_WINDOW feels overly specific).
>
> The value of being this specific is that we can check for
> _NET_WM_USER_TIME_WINDOW being supported, and if not, fall back to the
> old behavior. If you add something generic like: "If a property is not
> set on the toplevel, look for it on the group window", there is no nice
> way to opt out.

 I meant rather the name of the property - if one day _NET_WM_WHATEVER will be
considered to be changing way too often as well, will there be also
_NET_WM_WHATEVER_WINDOW? Although, that probably doesn't matter in practice
(hmm, I seem to remember this line from Owen's mail :) ).

KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz