Re: Window History Placement

> > There doesn't seem to be a happy middle ground to this problem
> > however, as you want many legacy apps to save their position
> > automatically too.
> >

> I guess we'd have to play around with Ben's implementation to see how it
> feels in practise before we theorize further.

	I know a number of people who use my implementation daily and who
complain when they see problems.  (It's a small sample size so far, and
obviously is a very developer heavy, so it's not a perfect trial.)  So
far, the biggest complaint has been apps which either don't export
enough information to save window history, and dialogs.  (My
implementation doesn't save dialog positions.)

	The only application which has really encountered problems is glade.
This is because each new developer created window has the same title,
class, and role settings.  Combine that with the tendency of developers
to work with only one window at a time.  The window history mechanism
places and resizes these windows which results in windows being
displayed all the same size, which isn't correct.

	Glade can easily be fixed by setting _NET_WM_SAVE_ID to be blank on
these windows.  But there might be other applications which cause
problems.  (Glade also sets UPosition on all it's control windows, but
that's a different problem.)