Re: Window History Placement

On Friday 10 of January 2003 16:02, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> >  Looks like I misunderstood one part of KWin code. But still, windows can
> > explicitly request a position, which should disable WM's placement
> > policy,
> >
> > no?
>
> I think so, but I guess Havoc has a different opinion.
>
> > > The problem is not multiple SM_CLIENT_IDs per app, but rather
> >
> > non-SM-aware
> >
> > > apps, which are
> > > unlikely to have either SM_CLIENT_ID or WM_WINDOW_ROLE. You probably
> >
> > don't
> >
> > > want all your
> > > xterms with XTerm/xterm to come up at the same spot.
> >
> >  But then adding a new property won't help you either, as long as xterm
> > doesn't implement that one, will it?
>
> No, but the automatic numbering mechanism will.

 But since apps can avoid using remembered position by explicitly positioning
the window, only the WM needs to know the number, so there's no need for a
property for it, is there?

KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Drahobejlova 27  tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9   fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic   http://www.suse.cz/