Re: Window History Placement

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 19:22, Sasha Vasko wrote:
> Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
> > You mean USPosition vs PPosition ? IIRC that was meant just as a way to
> > suppress interactive placement when -geometry was specified, but those fields are
> > almost universally ignored nowadays (and interactive placement is not common
> > anymore).
>
> I would not be so sure about this. USPosition/PPosition are just as
> usefull as they ever been, and I can envision quite a few user who would
> get rather upset if interactive placement would disappear.

I don't know where I got the impression that USPosition would be
ignored. Maybe I misremembered the fact that you can configure fvwm to
ignore it.

> What is exactly a reason why USPosition could not be used by the
> application to prevent Window Manager from overriding its position ?

Very nice if USPosition can be used for that, but this is a different
question from whether the geometry should be saved and reused for future
instance of the window (without USPosition).

Matthias