Re: Proposal for ConfigureRequest handling

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 06:27:53AM -0500, Ben Jansens wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 10:40:25PM +0200, Marko Macek wrote:
> > Ben Jansens wrote:
> >
> > >erm, obviously we're miscommunicating somewhere. Openbox 2.0.0
> > >respects the window's gravity on a ConfigureRequest, so a request at
> > >0,0 puts the frame at 0,0 instead of the client, with the frame off
> > >the screen.
> >
> > Jup, that works. What doesn't work is resize-only ConfigureRequest for
> > South+/EastGravity.
>
> Just commited a fix for this. It will show up in 2.0.1. Thanks for
> pointing that out.
>
> So what does everyone think of the offset property?

It works only for NW gravity.  I think it would be a better idea
to set a special property on the WM frame that indicates that it's
the top level window.  The client can then look up the decoration
size itself.

> Anyone know any
> other way to provide for an accurate placement including decorations?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, dominik vogt gmx de