Re: manager selection for desktop manager

Navindra Umanee <navindra cs mcgill ca> writes:
> Are you sure?  What mess would that be?  (Other than pulling in a
> zillion more libraries and running a zillion more servers, that is...)
> I've seen Konqueror used under GNOME often enough and don't recall any
> big problems.  Konqueror should mostly work like any other KDE
> application under GNOME.

I meant kdesktop, sorry.

BTW, I discovered a KWin bug playing with this - if I hack nautilus to
set _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE to DESKTOP, then run it under KDE, KWin gets
really really confused - it can only handle one window of type DESKTOP
apparently, looking at workspace.cpp bears this out.

I was trying to add this hint as damage control until we have a
manager selection allowing Nautilus to autodetect the conflict with
kdesktop. (i.e., it would be nice to at least keep the double desktops
under the panel instead of raising one to the top and hiding the
user's session).