Re: manager selection for desktop manager

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> wrote:
> We have a problem in that if you accidentally run Nautilus in KDE, or
> Konqueror in GNOME, you end up with a big mess.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Are you sure?  What mess would that be?  (Other than pulling in a
zillion more libraries and running a zillion more servers, that is...)
I've seen Konqueror used under GNOME often enough and don't recall any
big problems.  Konqueror should mostly work like any other KDE
application under GNOME.

> Why not require "desktop managers" to implement a manager selection as
> described in section 2.8 of the ICCCM.

FWIW, KDE2 has KDesktop for managing the desktop, although I don't
have a clue what 2.8 of ICCCM is.

Later,
-N.