Re: [Vala] Fwd: Problem installing vtg under Debian Sid
- From: Andrea Del Signore <sejerpz tin it>
- To: Abderrahim Kitouni <a kitouni gmail com>
- Cc: Serge Hulne <serge hulne gmail com>, vala-list <vala-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Vala] Fwd: Problem installing vtg under Debian Sid
- Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 17:06:06 +0200
On Fri, 2011-08-12 at 10:43 +0100, Abderrahim Kitouni wrote:
< في ج، 12-08-2011 عند 09:25 +0200 ، كتب Andrea Del Signore:
Instead of doing this, you could add ~/.local/share to the XDG_DATA_DIRS
environment variable, by using something like:
Yes indeed! I always forget about that possibility, thanks for reminding
it to me :)
I don't know if
it's possible to tell gdm/gnome-session to set this for us so it works
without running from a terminal, that's what I'm using.
I don't know if this is valid across all the linux distributions, but at
least on debian  I was able to do it.
Just create a .gnomerc file in your home directory with:
if [ -z "$XDG_DATA_DIRS" ]; then
then logout and login again.
 On debian SID the XDG_DATA_DIRS variable is initialized by this
] [Thread Prev