Re: [Vala] Fwd: Problem installing vtg under Debian Sid

Hello,

              في ج، 12-08-2011 عند 09:25 +0200 ، كتب Andrea Del Signore:
If you still want to do a local install download vala toys 0.12.1 that I
just released and then:

./configure --prefix=$HOME/.local
make
make install

after that you have to copy the vtg setting schema in the system dir
(you need the root account) and recompile all the schemas:

sudo cp
data/org.gnome.gedit.plugins.vala-toys.gschema.xml  /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/
sudo glib-compile-schemas

Instead of doing this, you could add ~/.local/share to the XDG_DATA_DIRS
environment variable, by using something like:

export XDG_DATA_DIRS=~/.local/share:$XDG_DATA_DIRS

in a terminal and then running gedit from that terminal (you can also
add this to your .bashrc to avoid doing it every time). I don't know if
it's possible to tell gdm/gnome-session to set this for us so it works
without running from a terminal, that's what I'm using.

HTH,
Abderrahim