Re: [Vala] The state of closures

On 28/04/11 17:45, Luca Bruno wrote:
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 05:19:22PM +0100, Sam Liddicott wrote:
yes.. it's been a few years since I piped up.

Part of the problem is (or was) with interruptable functions which
tear-down the stack and thus invalidate the closure for
interruptable functions.

Another is that last time I checked closures still could not access
local variables in the enclosing function.
Last time was years ago?

Try giving it a try again before looking somewhere else,
vala closures nowadays have only very few issues. There's no need to
reimplement something that's already working in all cases and pretty much
portable.

Wow! It's great! Thanks vala-devs!

Sam