Re: [Vala] The state of closures

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 05:19:22PM +0100, Sam Liddicott wrote:
yes.. it's been a few years since I piped up.

Part of the problem is (or was) with interruptable functions which
tear-down the stack and thus invalidate the closure for
interruptable functions.

Another is that last time I checked closures still could not access
local variables in the enclosing function.

Last time was years ago?

Try giving it a try again before looking somewhere else,
vala closures nowadays have only very few issues. There's no need to
reimplement something that's already working in all cases and pretty much
portable.

--
http://www.debian.org - The Universal Operating System