Re: [Vala] Blitzen: A Vala Application Server

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 11:31:37 +0000 (UTC)
Samuel CUELLA <samuel cuella supinfo com> wrote:

Hi,

btw.. another question. it is possible to embed blitzen as a gtk widget?

If you mean create a GtkWidget that will startup the Blitzen server at creation,
it's possible. But Blitzen doesn't have code to render anything, therefore this
would be a GObject rather than a GtkWidget (GtkWidget without rendering might
not be very useful in an UI).

Maybe I did not expressed well my question.. Sorry

My idea is to write a widget that extends GtkWebkit widget and uses embeds a blitzen
query server only accessible for this webkit instance. I dont want to use it via HTTP,
just want to hook the query signals of webkit to the query handler methods of blitzen.

my idea is to wake up a blitzen for a specific webkit widget in a gtk app, so
you can
write a full app using stk and render it in webkit.

Possible. Just point the webkit widget at http://127.0.0.1:port/app/. But I
don't really see the point there. Doing the same thing with a browser will do
exactly the same thing.

The difference is that if you control the instance of blitzen you can communicate
the native gtk application with the blitzen application rendered inside the same
window, so you can write gtk widgets using web technologies with full integration
on vala and native code.

This would be possible if blitzen where build in a library, so one could use it
to create that widget. Is there a public API for the application server? Is there
a way to get the URL where the blitzen instance is running?

I will check the code later. Thanks in advance.

--pancake