Re: [Vala] gtkaml 0.2.10 released

Hi.

First of all, I don't want to question usefulness of the project; on
the contrary, I really like diversity and having different tools for
different situations. Keep up the good work.

Gtkaml has two advantages over this alone: brevity and naming (e.g.
"use_underline" is actually "with_mnemonic" in Gtk - who's "using his own
xml definition"?).

I agree with brevity argument, but naming is definitely better with
GtkBuilder, since property's name attribute maps directly to object's
property name. It is true that labels with mnemonics can be
conveniently created using gtk_label_new_with_mnemonic(), but this
function merely sets GtkLabel::use-underline property to TRUE.

Tadej

--
Tadej Borovšak
tadeboro.blogspot.com