Re: [Vala] gtkaml 0.2.10 released

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 12:09:53AM +0300, Vlad Grecescu wrote:
This:  is generated at compile time - and it has a univoque mapping with
Vala code. (The new version I'm working on will generate directly Vala code
nodes, not source files.)

Plus, Gtkaml uses exactly the symbol names as found in  .vapi files, so it's
easy to maintain and easy to gain access to new Gtk+ features.

I still don't see the point of all this. You're using your own xml
definition, but you could use the GtkBuilder one, I don't think it's that
different. Also, in unix programming people always tried to abstract things
instead of avoid generating code like Java or other folks do out there.

What you're getting here is generating Vala code at compile time, only
because you want to skip the XML parsing at runtime because it's "faster"?

--
http://www.debian.org - The Universal Operating System