Re: [Vala] gtkaml 0.2.10 released

On Sat, 15 May 2010 21:05:08 +0200
Luca Bruno <lethalman88 gmail com> wrote:

Can I ask why not GtkBuilder? Also why generate Vala code?

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 10:57 PM, pancake <pancake youterm com> wrote:

it is just more static, which results in faster execution and less memory
consumption.

This:  is generated at compile time - and it has a univoque mapping with
Vala code. (The new version I'm working on will generate directly Vala code
nodes, not source files.)

Plus, Gtkaml uses exactly the symbol names as found in  .vapi files, so it's
easy to maintain and easy to gain access to new Gtk+ features.

Vlad Grecescu