Re: [Vala] gtkaml 0.2.10 released

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 09:56:12PM +0300, Vlad Grecescu wrote:
Gtkaml is an markup language that reuses the Vala compiler to write Gtk+
widgets through casual XML.

<HBox homogeneous="false">
      <Label label="_Hello" with-mnemonic="true" expand="false"
fill="false"/>
      <Entry g:public="my_entry" text="World! "/>
</HBox>

Features:
  * compact XML syntax for describing Gtk widgets
  * code 'islands' (written in Vala) - for signal handling and other code in
your widget class (so you don't modify the generated code ever)
  * doesn't depend on an external library at run-time (other than Gtk+)
  * much more readable than the usual UI boilerplate (e.g. you don't need to
worry about temporary variables, or ever write hundreds of lines of code)
 * no Gtk+ magic - gtkaml can be used for any component/widget library,
given that the composition method selection is specified in the *.implicits
file

Can I ask why not GtkBuilder? Also why generate Vala code?

--
http://www.debian.org - The Universal Operating System