[Vala] interface properties support construct?

I'm pretty new to vala, so I'm not sure if the following is a bug, or
that the following syntax is not supported.  I'm using 0.7.9 from the
vala-team-ppa on Ubuntu karmic.

i.vala:

public interface IDInterface : Object {
        public abstract string id { get; construct; }
}

o.vala:

public class IDObject : IDInterface, Object {
        public string id { get; construct; }
}

public static void main(string[] args) {
}

valac i.vala o.vala:

/home/darren/Projects/VMake/temp/o.vala.c:66: warning:
‘id_interface_set_id’ used but never defined
/tmp/ccfvotda.o: In function `id_object_set_property':
o.vala.c:(.text+0x350): undefined reference to `id_interface_set_id'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
error: cc exited with status 256
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

The above is reproducible only when the interface and object are in
different vala source files.

Thanks,
Darren