Re: [Vala] interface properties support construct?

Hi,

2010/2/1, Darren Shepherd <darren s shepherd gmail com>:
I'm pretty new to vala, so I'm not sure if the following is a bug, or
 that the following syntax is not supported.  I'm using 0.7.9 from the
 vala-team-ppa on Ubuntu karmic.
it's a bug, vala should either generate correct code, or report an
error. But generally, if something doesn't work, it's because it's non
obvious, and may be unsupported.

 The above is reproducible only when the interface and object are in
 different vala source files.
This is definitely a bug, something public that is used in the second
file isn't declared.
adding:
    const char* id_interface_get_id (IDInterface* self);
    void id_interface_set_id (IDInterface* self, const char* value);
after:
    GType id_interface_get_type (void);

in the generated C files solves the problem, so it shouldn't be very
difficult to fix, it just needs someone who is familiar with the
codegen.
(You should probably file a bug in bugzilla about this so it doesn't get lost)

HTH,
Abderrahim