Re: [Vala] Final / Sealed classes in Vala

Michael B. Trausch wrote:
The idea of a sealed/final class can be used to mean a few things:

To follow Phil with use cases, Libgee would be in great need for final classes and methods.

As an example, we would like that concrete collection implementations cannot be sub-classed. The public methods of these implementations all guarantee the respect of API contracts. Also those methods are for most overrides of virtual methods because the framework is made to be extensible and allow future enhancements (possibly by sub-classing).

There are Abstract* abstract classes available if one wants to start a new collection implementation.

Also it is worth to note that enabling sub-classing on concrete implementations (like it is now) allows a possible failure because of the badly-design GObject construction. Thanks to Jakob Kroon to have pointed that to me.

Best regards, Didier.