Re: [Vala] Hi, Is Vala what I am looking for?

* Andrés G. Aragoneses wrote, On 21/09/09 21:52:
Levi Bard wrote:
Would patches to create this "C#-compat" mode be accepted in Vala?
If we must have this discussion yet again[0], can we at least not

Thank you, I didn't know about this thread.

hijack Kratos's introduction thread?

0. http://markmail.org/message/5ckczur2yox4kjan

However, it seems that the thread is a bit polluted with anti-mono
discussion and whatnot. Let's say the real "technical" thread starts
here, where Sam proposes an "unofficial" Vala mode for C# migration:

http://markmail.org/message/ct445atos6d7hv5f

For the record, I wasn't actually proposing any such thing, I was noting that considerations of such a proposal would have been relevant to the topic of aiding projects ports from mono.

As others have said, C# is different enough from Vala to make porting difficult, particularly as the differences are fundamental to implied runtime expectations and not just syntax.

Sam