Re: [Vala] when will vala 0.8 be released?

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer :
Am Mittwoch, den 18.11.2009, 09:48 +0100 schrieb pancake:
I hope not.

0.7.8 was released the past week and IMHO there are so many bugs, patches to review before a new release. There are not so many commits these days and I dislike to see version bumps without so many changes.

To be fair, this are not regression bugs, but bugs that have been there
since long.

I think Vala core need more maintainers.

While that may be true as well, I think even more important would be a
split into -language and -bindings, since Vala bindings could and should
be more often released than Vala language.
yes, I agree.

split vala into vala-core and vala-bindings.

or just like gstreamer,
gstreamer project has gstreamer , gst-plugin-base, gst-plugin-good, gst-plugin-bad.

vala can also have vala-core, vala-binding-base, vala-binding-experimental.

Btw few weeks ago I got the idea about to organize bugfixing hackaton for vala. I think it will be good to specify a scheduled hackaton every N months via irc to fix as much bugs as possible, learn moreabout the language, the compiler internals, etc.

Splendid idea!

:M: