Re: [Vala] when will vala 0.8 be released?

I hope not.

0.7.8 was released the past week and IMHO there are so many bugs, patches to review before a new release. There are not so many commits these days and I dislike to see version bumps without so many changes.

I think Vala core need more maintainers.

Btw few weeks ago I got the idea about to organize bugfixing hackaton for vala. I think it will be good to specify a scheduled hackaton every N months via irc to fix as much bugs as possible, learn moreabout the language, the compiler internals, etc.

Juergbi which date do you think is good to do it?

What do the rest of people of the ml think think about?