Re: [Vala] when will vala 0.8 be released?

2009/11/18 Jerry Tan <Jerry Tan sun com>:
Michael 'Mickey' Lauer :

Am Mittwoch, den 18.11.2009, 09:48 +0100 schrieb pancake:
I think Vala core need more maintainers.

While that may be true as well, I think even more important would be a
split into -language and -bindings, since Vala bindings could and should
be more often released than Vala language.

yes, I agree.

split vala into vala-core and vala-bindings.

or just like gstreamer,
gstreamer project has gstreamer , gst-plugin-base, gst-plugin-good,
gst-plugin-bad.

vala can also have vala-core, vala-binding-base, vala-binding-experimental.

I wouldn't take all the hasle to split bindings into multiple
packages. The gstreamer example is fine, but in its case these are
plugins for codecs which clearly is another level of what is a bad
plugin and a good plugin compared to bindings. Bindings are all the
same, a text file with public stuff. Perhaps, keep only a useful list
of bindings inside vala-core (like the GTK+ stack) and move all the
rest to vala-bindings? Or simply everything to vala-bindings, in fact
distros are splitting the vala bindings in even smaller packages
usually.

My 2 cents
--
Mike
PS: I sent the first time to Jerry only, sorry