Re: [Vala] just a suggestion

On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 08:26 +0000, Karl Lattimer wrote:
On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 09:44 +0700, Hans Baier wrote:
I still have a long way to learn Vala.
Since someone is successfully using Vala in a number
of projects I think they already have a good knowledge
of common pitfalls, best practices and the like.

Writing a book is one of the most efficient ways to
learn. Believe me, that is how I learnt linux.
Just start, it doesnt have to be perfact in the beginning.
It can grow over time.

That is how open source happens....

I've actually been thinking about this. I've discovered an awful lot
since I've been writing in vala and meandered my way through a tonne of
vapi.

If someone wants to help build a draft and table of contents with me we
could start a joint effort and try and get it published at some point.

I think that's a very good idea. I can certainly help by responding to
questions or maybe providing suggestions for the structure.

Jürg