Re: [Vala] just a suggestion

2009/1/20 Luca Dionisi <luca dionisi gmail com>:
On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Alberto Ruiz <aruiz gnome org> wrote:

Luca, count on me to write some stuff and help with the content index
if someone else (you?) leads the effort (meaning, doing brown
dispatching and reminding people to complete their parts of the book
;-).

I'm not an expert in writing GNOME apps. I never wrote one.
I never wrote a wikibook neither... and I've no much experience in
writing wikis in general.

That's a good reason to start the book. None here is an expert on
everything, but I'm pretty sure that summing up the knlowedge of some
people of this list, would cover 90% of what I suggested. What's
really hard is coordinating the effort, and you don't need knowledge
for that, you just need to be constant.

Plus, we don't have to start with something big. Just propose a small
app, and let's start rolling from there.

That said, someone with some experience in properly coding
GNOME apps could start with writing down a table of contents.

So you throw the stone and hide the hand right? X-)

Draft something, publish it here, and you'll see how people would
start helping you on getting it right.

--Luca