Re: [Vala] embedding c code snippet in vala source.

* Alexey Lubimov wrote, On 22/08/08 12:53:
Jürg Billeter пишет:
On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 06:45 -0400, Yu Feng wrote:

Man this is a trap. There is no logical relation between failing to
provide examples and the the validaty of a feature.

I agree, however, I don't see a reason to merge a feature as long as
there is no use case for it.

Cheers,
Jürg

I hope, this is good feature for hackers, for non trivial bindings  or
debug purposes;

For example, You can copy any existing vapi file to project tree and
add debug assert to them without vala source code modifications.

Or wrap several lib-functions (allocate buffers or any other  service
) to one function for vala.

Maybe, this is not good cases for develop production  software, but
this is very important for  beginers and hackers.

It will help me prototype the remainder of the compact-class
implementation, so I'll be patching my compiler with it anyway.

Sam