Re: [Vala] embedding c code snippet in vala source.

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 05:09 -0400, Yu Feng wrote:
On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 10:44 +0200, Jürg Billeter wrote:
Maybe I'm just missing an interesting use case, however, I currently
fail to see where the snippet approach makes it more comfortable to
write or use bindings. Can you provide examples where you think that it
makes more sense to handle it in a snippet instead of the compiler code?
I'm not convinced by the g_strv_length example as this would clutter the
bindings too much, in my opinion.

Again it is for rare cases. I am thinking hard to make the snipples
working well, and I'll collect more cases later. I don't expect there to
be much though. Should it be much fewer than [NoArrayLength] stuff.

Ok, as you agree that the null-terminated arrays should be handled, your
g_strv_length example is not a real use case for the snippet support.
Can you provide a concrete example where you think it makes more sense
to use a CCode snippet than anything else?

BTW: I found a way to kill the vast number static wrappers in DBus
dynamic methods. File a new bug?

Sure.

Cheers,
Jürg