Re: [Vala] Question on Documentation and tutorials.

Hi,

You can take a look at samples on the Vala main page :
http://live.gnome.org/Vala#head-9c728d151a2a0483d4f3b5837e5b545df9d8499d

If you want more informations about gtk and glib ecosystem, look at :
http://library.gnome.org/devel/references or with devhelp (which is
better) with the right documentation installed on your system.

And finally you can take a look at the *.vapi (/usr/share/vala/vapi)
files which represent C libraries on the Vala programming language.

Example: you want to eject a specific volume
    1. look at devhelp about 'volume' and after reading and navigating
through each referenced doc, you know that you must get all the
GDrives from a GVolumeMonitor object.
               // in C
               GVolumeMonitor* myVolumeMonitor = g_drive_get_volumes();
               GList* myDrives = g_volume_monitor_get_connected_drives
( myVolumeMonitor );
    2. Then look at the corresponding vapi file to find the Vala
classes and fonctions names (Usually C class name without the first
'G' and C function name without class prefix).
               // in Vala
               VolumeMonitor myVolumeMonitor = VolumeMonitor.get ();
               List myDrives = myVolumeMonitor.get_connected_drives ();
               foreach ( Drive drv in myDrives )
                      stdout.printf (drv.get_name ());

After some writing some samples like that, you can read significations
of keywords like : weak, abstract, virtual; in the documentation
http://www.vala-project.org/doc/vala/

good bye and good luck ;)