Re: [Utopia] GNOME Power Manager "redesign"
- From: Daniel Gryniewicz <dang fprintf net>
- To: Ed Mack <lists edmack com>
- Cc: Gnome Power <gnome-power-devel lists sourceforge net>, Utopia <utopia-list gnome org>, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>, richard hughsie com
- Subject: Re: [Utopia] GNOME Power Manager "redesign"
- Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:14:02 -0400
On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 22:09 +0100, Ed Mack wrote:
> > Hibernate is suspend to disk. Suspend is suspend to RAM. Maybe I should
> > just put those...
> Those mean nothing to the user. Try to use descriptive, non-technical
> names (if possible), and give the user enough additional information to
> allow them to make a smart choice.
FWIW, Windows uses Hibernate for suspend to disk, and Sleep for suspend
to RAM. I'd expect windows users to know which is which by those names.
At least, non-techie windows users I know do know which is which.
] [Thread Prev