Re: [Usability] Will be the fallback session still maintained in the future?

Skipping most of the email because I'm not in a position to address
your specific complaints. But...

On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 18:09 -0600, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:
> p.s.  Clicking on the data in Gnome shows the current month.  In Gnome 2
> one could click on a caret and see the next month.  In Gnome Shell one
> is restricted to viewing only the current month.  (Progress ??)

For me, there are arrows to the left and right of the month name, and I
can browse through the months. I can't go by year as I could in GNOME 2,
but I don't think that's as common. Do you not have arrows next to the
month name? Perhaps something is wrong with your installation.

> And in Gnome Shell the date is dim unless hovered over.  I've got weak
> eyes - I'd prefer to SEE the date without having to move the cursor.

You should talk to the accessibility team. We do have a high-contrast
theme for exactly that kind of visual problem. Except: 1) it doesn't
brighten the non-hover text color on the top bar (arguably it should),
and 2) the full high-contrast theme might be more than you need. The
accessibility team would be the ones to make recommendations for how
to address your needs.

--
Shaun