Re: [Usability] Will be the fallback session still maintained in the future?

On Sun, 2012-03-04 at 12:42 +0100, NikolaiRachmaninoff gmail com wrote:
> I heard some rumors:Is it true that Gnome 3 fallback session will not be
> developed/maintained anymore?

Yes, there are discussions to drop Fallback mode at some point when
underlying issues (X [resp. Wayland] and graphics drivers) that some
people run into have been mostly solved.
There is no planned date for this yet - maybe 3.6 or 3.8, maybe later.
Reason: It is not considered feasible to maintain two different
interfaces (gnome-shell and fallback mode) with our limited manpower.

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper