[Usability] GNOME 3 - How to get the same level of productivity as that of GNOME classic?

Hello everyone,

I have recently upgraded to GNOME 3 and it is taking me time getting used to it. I am going through the Desktop Help and hopefully I'll be up to speed with it in a few days. However, there are a couple of things I need to know right away if I have to be productive. I hope you can help me out these.

1. There are thre panels when I press the "Activities" button on the top panel: top panel, left panel, right panel. How can I keep shortcut of applications on the top panel?

2. How can I keep a shortcut of '/usr/bin/urxvt' on the left panel?

3. How do i create a shortcut for '/usr/bin/urxvt' on the left panel?

4. To switch from any window to any other window, I need two clicks now: (1) Activities (2) The window I want to switch to. Can this be done in a single click like we could in GNOME classic?

Lone Learner