Re: [Usability] GNOME 3 - How to get the same level of productivity as that of GNOME classic?

On Dom, 5 de Febrero de 2012, 9:59 am, Lone Learner dijo:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have recently upgraded to GNOME 3 and it is taking me time getting used
> to it. I am going through the Desktop Help and hopefully I'll be up to
> speed with it in a few days. However, there are a couple of things I need
> to know right away if I have to be productive. I hope you can help me out
> these.
>
> 1. There are thre panels when I press the "Activities" button on the top
> panel: top panel, left panel, right panel. How can I keep shortcut of
> applications on the top panel?
>
> 2. How can I keep a shortcut of '/usr/bin/urxvt' on the left panel?
>
> 3. How do i create a shortcut for '/usr/bin/urxvt' on the left panel?

You can use alacarte to add this program to the applications view, the
same way we used to do in GNOME 2. And you can add to the dash by
dragging the icon from the application view.

> 4. To switch from any window to any other window, I need two clicks now:
> (1) Activities (2) The window I want to switch to. Can this be done in a
> single click like we could in GNOME classic?

Well, you don't need to click Activities. You move quickly the pointer to the
hot corner and back. This can movement is learnt by some interaction with
gnome shell and be done without any effort.

You can learn more about how to use the new shell here:
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/CheatSheet

Cheers,

   -- Juanjo Marin