Re: [Usability] Cross-Desktop UI Pattern Library

On 8 Sep 2010, at 04:28, Allan Caeg wrote:

> I agree with Kirk. The two desktops can share the same UI patterns, but they
> may have different "components" or whatever it's called.
>
> Where do you think can we start?

We've already started, with the GNOME 3.x pattern library.  It's at an early enough stage that it could be turned into something cross-desktop, with separate components for GNOME and other desktops, if that's the direction we wanted to take. ('Components' would probably replace the GNOME-specific code samples that we'd envisaged.)

<http://live.gnome.org/UsabilityProject/HIG3>

My worry would be that it would distract us from actually getting enough done in time for the GNOME side of it to be useful for GNOME 3.x, however, which is already a huge job given how little we've done so far.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Oracle Corporation Ireland Ltd.
mailto:calum benson oracle com         Solaris Desktop Team

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.