Re: [Usability] Cross-Desktop UI Pattern Library

On 7 Sep 2010, at 18:44, Kirk Bridger wrote:

> I'm actually tackling a similar problem in my "real job" right now.
>
> I found this to be an interesting look at what a pattern library is and what it should not be <http://www.uie.com/articles/components_vs_patterns/>.  It's a quick read that could then lead to an interesting discussion.

FWIW, UIE just did a short podcast on a similar topic, too -- worth a listen if you're interested:

<http://www.uie.com/brainsparks/2010/09/16/spoolcast-reusable-components-libraries-with-nathan-curtis/>

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Oracle Corporation Ireland Ltd.
mailto:calum benson oracle com         Solaris Desktop Team

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.