Re: [Usability] Deja Dup UI Review

> > Above and beyond a review of how the current UI could be
> > improved/redesigned, I'd like thoughts on a feature request I keep
> > getting.  Basically, people want backup profiles (being able to backup
> > potentially different data to different locations on different
> > schedules).  I've been struggling with how to offer such functionality
> > without making the UI much busier/complicated and would love
> > suggestions.
>
> Off the top of my head, the simplest way I can think of to do this would
> be to modify your preferences dialog slightly:
>
> <http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1802478/gnome/dejadup-prefs.png>
>
> So one tab = one profile, and the + and - buttons are for
> adding/removing profiles.  By default, there would only be one tab/profile.

I've created a wiki page to contain the materials for this review:

http://live.gnome.org/DejaDup/UIReview

Calum: I've put your mockup up there. I hope that's OK.

I've added some mockups of my own to that page. They are rather rough,
but I'd be interested in hearing what people think of them.

Allan
--
IRC: aday on irc.gnome.org
Blog: http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/