Re: [Usability] [feature]Show selected files in grid.

so if i am on my docs folder smartags could allow me to just see text
docs or spread sheets or web pages or pictures based on what the
folder has in it! that would be really nice but the selection should
be very visible so that you always know that nautilus is showing you
just pdfs at the moment...

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Jasir Alavi <jasiralavi gmail com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Now it would be easier and would make life much better if i bookmark these
> three (~/pictures/webpix  & ~/audio/a-clips & ~/video/vdouploads) under the
> "smartmarks". So whenever i open my "website" folder, i would also be able
> to access these easily. making work easier :)
>
> it would look like this:
>
> ================================== =
> sidepane         | main window: Website
> ---------------------------------- -
> Computer
> Drives, etc
> --separator--
> (usual Bookmarks)
> Audio
> Documents
> Video, etc
> --separator--
> (Smartmarks-specific to this folder)
> webpixs
> a-clips
> vdouploads, Etc
> ---------------------------------- -
>
>> Moissant Anthony wrote:
>>
>> At the place of dynamic bookmarks we could have some auto-given bookmarks
>> the system give to you by analysing your customs or a half historic half
>> suggested places ?
>
> it would be great if we could have the system to analyse and show a set of
> "folders frequently used with this specific folder".
> may be by observing which are the folders that are most frequently opened
> with the folder in question and for how long and ranking them accordingly.
>
> but i believe that this should be left to the user to decide. may be we
> could give a option under 'preferences' to "track dynamic bookmarks". I
> suggest this be displayed below the bookmarks that were manually added by
> the user.
>
> For example, in the above case if the system 'found' that i was also opening
> folders "pdf-files" and "swf-files".
> the smartmarks section would show:
>
> --separator--
> (Smartmarks-specific to this folder)
> webpixs
> a-clips
> vdouploads
>  ---
> pdf-files
> swf-files
> ---------------------------------- -
>
> It would be great if we could add the "smartmarks" (or watever name u think
> would be appropriate)
> ateast the part to manually add the bookmarks to it.
> we could work on getting the dynamic part done later (my guess is that it
> would take more time to develop)
>
> there are a few other features too that i have in mind.
> but i think it would be better if i could draw them out for all.
>
> cheers,
> jasir alavi
>

> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 4:28 PM, anthony <dreadyman16 gmail com> wrote:
>>
>> Jasir Alavi a écrit :
>>>
>>> Apart from the normal places/bookmarks on the side pane of the file
>>> manager,
>>> it would be great to let leach folder have it's own set of bookmarks.

>>> Computer
>>> etc
>>> --separator--
>>> (Bookmarks)
>>> Audio
>>> Documents
>>> Video, etc
>>> ---------------------------------- -
>>>
>>> * how i think it would be more useful:
>>>
>>> ================================== =
>>> sidepane         | main window
>>> ---------------------------------- -
>>> Computer
>>> etc
>>> --separator--
>>> (Bookmarks-system)
>>> Audio
>>> Documents
>>> Video, etc
>>> --separator--
>>> (Bookmarks-specific to this folder)
>>> FolderX
>>> FolderY
>>> FolderZ, Etc
>>> ---------------------------------- -
>>>
>>> the second set of book marks change depending on the folder that is open
>>> in the main window.
>>> so if i open another folder, this changes as:

>>> sidepane         | main window
>>> Computer
>>> etc
>>> --separator--