Re: [Usability] Cheap Open Source Morae Alternative

2009/12/18 Allan Caeg <allancaeg gmail com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I suggested different tabs because showing all features at once could create
> clutter.
>
> The record tab is where everything is configured before the researcher and
> participant start the session. What the observe tab does is to show what's
> happening in the remote desktop and maybe the webcam feed. The view tab will
> play the record(s) back. The analyze tab will show statistics. The present
> will show the findings in a presentation-friendly format.

Thanks, I was going for a more homebrew design that did the very
basic, but it seems you're after a feature full application. I've
always considered tabs a way to layout unrelated information where you
could visit each tab in any order you want. But here there seems to be
a definite workflow, like you wouldn't analyse before you observe, and
you wouldn't observe/record before you configure the setup. Perhaps a
wizard-type interface would also work.

- James