Re: [Usability] An interesting video

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
This all partially already exists. There's e.g. conduit in GNOME.
Also see the last two years of debating the "Online Desktop".

Conduit is definitely the right way for things but it is an application. I'm talking about direct integration in the file browser somehow so that you could interact without using that app at all but just the documents and folders (at least one level of complexity is removed). I also don't like all of the ideas of Online Desktop because people will always need some applications that need to run fast and web is not the way to do that (even if they only save files online). Not to mention that a lot of corporations will simply not prefer it because of privacy concerns.

Anton Kerezov
ankere.wordpress.com