[Usability] Usability study for GNOME on netbooks?

As many of you know, I'm interested in putting together a usability study for GNOME on netbooks.

I've gotten a few quotes from usability companies/contractors and I've gotten some interest from advisory board member companies.

However, I could use some help shaping up the study. I'm not a usability expert, nor really a GNOME on netbook expert (just a user), so I could use some help.

Things left to do:
- Figure out exactly what we want feedback on,
- Figure out best way to get useful feedback, (what do we want to test)
- Work with usability experts/companies/consultants to finalize quotes based on what we want,
- Figure out ways to keep costs low by involving volunteers, giving things other than money to those that help (publicity, making all the data public and accredited to the organization, ...)
- Finding funds. (I've asked all our traditional sponsoring companies and then some and a few are interested in participating and helping out financially.)

Anybody interested in helping out?

Thanks,

Stormy