Re: [Usability] Gnome Research - Sociological Survey Published

> @ Tim: Don’t worry we need all people filling this even negatively.

I was thinking  more along the lines of how many people might not be
willing to take the survey because it might be a phishing site, which
was brought to my attention from the comment: "Frankly, my first thought
was: "how do I know this survey is really coming from GNOME?" It is not
hosted by an official GNOME site. It is just a spreadsheet in Google
Docs that any one could put together. "
So if future surveys are done one of the considerations for the survey
should be how it is presented and what can be done to ease those types
of fears.

The other comments that caught my attention was: "They just seem to be
collecting data on what folks are using
Gnome/Linux for, nothing about what people WANT from Gnome 3" and "As to
the usability study linked in the first post, I didn't see
anything there that could possibly influence the direction of Gnome 3.
Maybe they really ought to rethink the questions...."

So in a future version of a survey it might be an idea to throw in
questions like what don't you like about GNOME or what things would you
change/improve in GNOME? It could be an idea to do a survey about
Nautilus functionality improvements, I read the survey results so far
and Compiz and Nautilus seem to be the main complaints so far. Evolution
seems to need some tender loving care also.

I do agree the survey did/does pull good data, and as far as I'm
concerned does give a good idea of how the new menu bar would be
beneficial to GNOME in general.
If you do decide to do another survey I would be happy to help. I like
the Wikki idea but can offer no ideas on how to parse the data from
that.
Also with your permission I would like to post the survey results to my
post in Fedora Forums.

--
Tim McConnell <tmick1 earthlink net>