Re: [Usability] Query Drag - right instead of middle Click

On 25 Jul 2008, at 16:25, Andy Owen wrote:

Is there a Windows or OSX equivalent? Can anyone test to see what they
do? (I'll try to remember to test on my Windows machine at work on
Monday).

Windows does query-drag on the right button, but (as one of the comments in the bug report alludes to) they do this by waiting for the mouse-up event to decide whether a query-drag has happened or (if not) the context menu should be shown. I've never found this a major distraction personally, but it's certainly an inconsistency compared to how regular menus work (shown immediately on the mouse-down event).

There's no real equivalent on OS X.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team