Re: [Usability] Query Drag - right instead of middle Click

Is there a Windows or OSX equivalent? Can anyone test to see what they
do? (I'll try to remember to test on my Windows machine at work on
Monday).

I've kind of gone about this the way I don't really like (theorizing
about what would be best, rather than making a demo of both options and
doing an experiment on real people), partially because it is easier this
way and partially because I don't know how to set up a fair experiment
(if it really is a feature that users don't know about, then if you ask
a person to drag so it brings up a menu is a leading question as it
gives them the hint that such a feature actually exists)

While I agree that the context menu should get the biggest piece of cake
- part of me thinks that it is still possible to detect whether a user
is attempting a right click drag (e.g. if you right click drag from one
side of the screen to the other, then you probably aren't wanting the
context menu). Another possible implementation would be to just show the
context menu like we do already, but if they release the right mouse
button on a valid drop target, then hide the context menu and show the
query drag menu at the new location.

(oh, and thanks for finding the bug report Christian)

Andy