Re: [Usability] Double-click feedback in Gnome

On Fri, 2008-08-08 at 17:38 +0200, Aleve Sicofante wrote:
[...]
> > That is not correct. GNOME does provide feedback.
> Please read again my post. GNOME does not _always_ provide feedback.
> Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. It NEVER does when interfacing
> with desktop folders, which is in fact my main complaint.

Are you saying your complaint right now is that double-clicking on a
folder icon on the desktop doesn't always do anything, or that you
can't tell if it does anything?  Or is your complaint that sometimes,
maybe three out of 20 times, doubclicking on a mail message Subject
field in Evolution doesn't show a completion list?  (Evolution is
part of GNOME as is nautilus, although I am not aware of any bugs in
it relating to double-clicks).  Or in Tomboy perhaps? etc etc etc.

> 3. As Kalle and I pointed out already, this is a five year old bug.
> This is a serious usability bug. Do you have any idea why it hasn't
> been addressed at all?

Where is the bugzilla entry for it at bugzilla.gnome.org?
Against exactly which components was it filed?  did you
include steps to reproduce it?

Is it only nautilus folder icons?  If so, I'd suggest opening
a formal bug report so it doesn't get forgotten again, but
against nautilus, and *only* talking about the exect problem,
not making it sound as if every GNOME application is broken :)

If no-one else complained in 5 years, it's not as serious as
all that, although I agree with you it could be improved.

Nest,

Liam