[Usability] Double-click feedback in Gnome

I'm just astonished that not a single developer has taken the time to
ask this question, so please don't consider this crossposting. No one
replied there and after a reasonable amount of time, I'm bringing the
question over here.

I'm either asking something very obvious or developers don't give a
damn about the issue.

You can find a longer explanation below, but here's the briefing:

Gnome does not provide feedback to make the user know a double-click
has been received and an action is being taken. This happens just too
many times. Clicking desktop folders keeps the user wondering and
repeating the action several times. While less frequently, it happens
as well inside Nautilus folders.

This is a 2003 bug that hasn't been resolved.

Do you guys know of any plans to do something about this?

Thanks for ANY reply.

I have an opened discussion on the issue at the Ubuntu forums: